Sweet Potato Curry
April 24, 2018
: 40 min
- 2-3 tablespoons madras curry paste
- 1 medium onion- diced
- 3 medium (fist sized) sweet potatoes- approx. 800g (peeled and chopped into chunks)
- 1 red pepper- sliced
- 1 tin of chickpeas (or other white beans)
- 200g bag of spinach
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Step 1 In a large frying pan or wok, fry the onion for few minutes in olive oil till soft. Add curry paste and fry for 1 min.
- Step 2 Add the coconut milk, sweet potato, pepper and chickpeas and simmer for approx. 15 minutes until potato is cooked.
- Step 3 Add spinach (fold spinach through the mixture in handfuls) simmer for a couple more minutes until spinach is wilted. If not liquidy enough add a little water.
- Step 4 Serve immediately with rice or naan bread as desired.
- Step 5 Freeze left over portions in individual bags.