“They were so good, deliciously fat and chewy and they held together well- don’t skimp on the flax (or you can use ground chia). The date sugar gave a lovely caramel flavour and a slight crispness, you could use another unrefined granulated sugar – why not try coconut sugar? But I would suggest that the texture wouldn’t be quite the same just using a liquid sweetener.” – Jo
- 60g oat flour
- 80g whole oats
- 1 tbs ground flax
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g date sugar
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 large carrot-coarsely grated
- 30ml coconut oil (Melted) or olive oil
- 50g dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Step 1 Mix the dry ingredient together in a medium bowl.
- Step 2 Mix the carrot, oil, maple syrup and lemon zest and then add to the dry mixture. Mix lightly using hands as necessary.
- Step 3 Form dollops of cookie mix with your hands and flatten into cookies on a lined baking sheet.
- Step 4 Bake at 180C for approx 10 mins until lightly golden. For a crisper cookie, flip and cook for a further 3 minutes.