“These are soft breakfast cookies- basically oatmeal in a cookie form quite literally, perfect for on the run for those already back to work or for impromptu trips or visits to family. I find these freeze well too.” Jo
Chocolate overnight Oat cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbs each: cocoa powder, chia seeds, ground almonds, chopped dried fruit, nuts/seeds, syrup of choice*
- ½ tsp vanilla or cinnamon to taste
- 1 cup water, juice or non-dairy milk
- 1 banana- mashed
- Step 1 Mix all the top ingredients together in a medium bowl or tub and pour over the liquid.
- Step 2 Give a quick stir to ensure well covered and ensure no air pockets.
- Step 3 Cover and allow to stand in the fridge for a few hours or over night to soak and thicken.
- Step 4 Mash a banana and mix with the thick oat mixture.
- Step 5 Scoop the batter into small flattened dollops on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 mins 180C,
- Step 6 You may find you need to lightly cover with foil after 10 minutes to prevent the fruit nuts from browning too much.