Gluten free and protein rich
HEMP PORRIDGE... GLUTEN FREE, HIGH PROTEIN
Something slightly different for the cold winter mornings - all products available at Bamboo Turtle.
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup finely grated cauliflower or oats
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk you prefer
- 1 tbs ground flax or chia seeds
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- sweeten to taste
- toppings of choice: I used three frozen raspberries and a few chopped almonds
- Step 1 Mix hemp, along with milk and grated cauliflower/oats in a small sauce pan and bring to the boil, simmer gently for up to five minutes until cauliflower is cooked. Towards the end of the cooking time add remaining ingredients and stir until mixed and thickened.
- Step 2 Pour into a serving bowl and add your toppings. Eat immediately. Can also be chilled or used an alternative for overnight oats.
- Step 3 Or substitute the cauliflower with oats if that s more your thing.