This dip is deliciously smooth and creamy and with a lovely warming amount of spice. Not overly spicy (well that’s up to you!) but just super tasty and also smoky if you use smoky chipotle sauce (I really recommend you do!) I love the peanutty taste, if you make your own PB make sure you roast the peanuts first to give it a great depth of flavour. You could of course use other nut butters if you fancy, although I find peanut butter has a strength of flavour that works really well with the lentils.
Peanut Butter & Lentil Dip
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 onion- chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups veg stock
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ½ tsp each garlic powder, cumin powder, chilli or smoky chipotle sauce
- Step 1 Cook the onion in oil for approx. 5 minutes to soften.
- Step 2 Add the lentils and veg stock and cook for 20 minutes. Drain the lentil mixture and return to a food processor/blender. Add the remaining ingredients and puree all together to get a thick smooth dippy paste.
- Step 3 Store in the fridge (eat within 2-3 days) or spoon serving sized dollops on a baking sheet and freeze individually on the sheets before removing and storing together in the freezer. Simply defrost to serve. Also created warmed through as a hot drip, dressing or sauce.