Some recipes :
Toilet bombs / powder
2 cups bicarb
2/3 cub citric acid
Essential oil – whatever strikes your fancy
Spray bottle for misting .
Mould for bombs
Add petals for colour
- Mix the bicarb and citric acid in a glass bowl. Please use appropriate protection especially if you re working with children.
- Slowly mist the dry power with water, mixing as you go.
- You want to barely wet the powder to get it to stick together in the mold. Literally 1-2 sprays should be enough and too much will cause fizzing .
- Add the essential oils and continue mixing.
- When done mixing, you’ll need to separate this mixture into single use sizes. You can either use a 1/2 – 1 tsp measure and place them on a piece of parchment paper until they dry, or use a silicon mold / ice tray.
- Let dry overnight and carefully place in an airtight container like a jar or a gallon zip lock bag and use as needed.
Scouring powder for scum in bathroom.
- 1 cup bicarb
- ½ cup salt (not iodized)
- ½ cup washing soda
- 5 drops lemon essential oil- for scent. optional.
Scouring Powder Instructions
- Pour ingredients into jar or bowl.
- Mix or stir until well mixed.
- If you want to make a shaker, – place in a glass jar after poking some holes in lid.
- Lightly wet surface with water or undiluted white vinegar.
- Sprinkle powder on and let sit 5 minutes
- Scrub with sturdy brush until clean
- Rinse with water or vinegar.