- Rinse your lentils with fresh water before boiling to remove any dust or debris.
- Cook on a stovetop, using 3 cups of liquid (water, stock, etc) to 1 cup of dry lentils.
- Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender.
- For whole lentils, cook time is typically 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure to season with salt after cooking – if salt is added before, the lentils will become tough.
- No need to soak.
For inspiration: Summer Shepherd`s Pie.
The minimum order is 300g. Suggested serving size of dried green lentils per person: 40g