Country of Origin: Canada
- Rinse your lentils with fresh water before boiling to remove any dust or debris.
- Cook on a stovetop, using 3 cups of liquid (water, stock, etc) to 1 cup of dry lentils.
- Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender.
- For split red lentils, cook time is typically only about 5-7 minutes.
- Salt after cooking.
For inspiration: Spicy Lentil & Chickpea Soup
The minimum order is 300g. Suggested serving size of dried lentils per person: 50g