Spicy Lentil & Chickpea Soup
April 25, 2018
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 150g red lentils
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g cooked chickpeas
- Small handful of coriander
- Dollop of or soy yoghurt or swirl of soy cream to serve
- Step 1 Dry fry cumin and chilli flakes for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 2 Add the oil and onion and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Stir in lentils, vegetable stock and tomatoes then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Blend the soup with a hand blender to get a rough puree. Add the chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Stir through the roughly chopped coriander and serve with a blob of yoghurt or a swirl or cream.
- Step 6 Left over portions can be frozen.